ESI indicator makes it easy to identify trends and reversals using weighted multi-timeframe comparisons in a single chart.
We at Ekambit Technologies use it daily with consistent success in Indian markets, especially with NSE:NIFTY and NSE:BANKNIFTY.
- Above mid-zone & rising: uptrend
- Falling from high-zone: uptrend reversal
- Below mid-zone & falling: downtrend
- Rising from low-zone: downtrend reversal
Apply the same indicator to NSE:INDIAVIX (in the same chart!) or up to 3 correlated instruments to gain greater conviction for your trades, as shown in the chart. In addition to the chart timeframe, optionally 3 higher weighted timeframes can be used in ESI computation.
In effect, ESI is a single indicator which provides an insight of 16 indicators (4 timeframes * 4 instruments).
- ESI can be applied on any time frame, as shown below. This idea was initiated at 13:30 IST on 29-May based on ESI. The chart has moved further since, and you can already see its accuracy until market close on 29-May.
- However, longer term movement involves "overnight/weekend" and "event" risks which cannot be predicted using any form of Technical Analysis. This is the reason we are currently developing the Ekambit Comprehensive Index (ECI) indicator.
- So before coming to any conclusions for the longer term as shown in the chart, apply other factors before initiating a trade.
- Based on our backtesting and proven results, ESI is good for the short-term when probability of non-price action risks are lower.
Try ESI indicator for free
Drop an email after sign-up with your Tradingview ID and get 7-days free access to ESI Indicator.